PulkownikAndrzejKmicic[Closed] Admin application, PulkownikAndrzejKmicic
Disclaimer: Sorry if the thread doesn't actually belong here. I figured it does since it's my response to the response to my original admin application, and the original topic was just immediately locked without giving me any opportunity to respond.

Anyway.

https://nwpublic.eu/thread-790.html

"2. "I won't lie and will admit that being respected by most players feeds my ego and I want that to come back."

Number 2 has told me that you aren't the type of admin this server needs. Admining Minisiege isn't about being respected just because you are an admin or a platform for feeding egos. It's about people dedicating their time to better the server for the average Minisiege player.
Therefore, I am denying your admin application, as I do not have trust in players that try to utilise a position for their own good/ego etc.

Cheers.
- Loifas"

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that your attitude really disappointed me.
You took a sentence out of a long description of why I want to become admin and made an assumption about what a terrible person I am.
Maybe I didn't express myself well enough. I did not mean that I want to be admin just to have people respect me for the fact that I am an admin on the server. I was referring to the fact that I generally used to be a good admin and that was the thing that generally seemed to make people respect me.
That's what I was talking about. Not that I want to become admin and just throw my weight around or for some kind of personal gain.

Anyway, I popped in here because I just wanted to tell you how disappointed and misunderstood you made me feel. But maybe that's for the better. Because in order to do a good job as admin I need my superior to be supportive, understanding, not arrogant, etc. I also need my superior to trust me and not make assumptions about me and then use these wrong assumptions when taking decisions that will negatively affect me - which is exactly what you have done. I simply cannot trust a superior like that. 
The time when I was admin on a small minecraft server was when I had a boss like this - in hindsight I shouldn't have put up with him and just quit because he was a bit of a wanker and was generally very incompetent. Eventually he made the server die due to some unfair bans which made the few people who played there quit for good. That meant that there was no more donations and he himself had no funds to continue hosting an empty server for himself and his few mates. (Which by the way was only 20PLN per month, which is probably only £4 if I got it right)
I can't tell you how good I felt - on one hand it was a shame because it was a fun server overall, but not having him above me anymore was a great relief. You have no idea how good it felt to be free from that loser! Fuck me. How many times did I have to show up on teamspeak and chat with him and pretend that I like him or that I don't think he is a knob etc. Such a relief.

The day the server shut down I made a promise to myself that I will never again have a boss that I hate. I kept that promise and I only became admin on servers that had good admins. I found that a good head admin is what junior admins need in order to thrive and do an amazing job. This was true for all the servers I would admin after the previous one - except the siege on native which had practically no admins whatsoever, but it was still kind of good because I had freedom to just get down to it and not have to explain anything to superiors etc. I also had to take initiative a lot of times, talk to players and listen to their complaints - of which there were many, particularly about serial teamkillers against which we had no scripts that would auto ban, only auto kick - etc. 
Compared with the time when my superior was shit, the times when I could just do my job without having to suck up to an arsehole boss was the best. It gave me a lot of satisfaction and also helped me meet plenty of cool people and groups in M&B and MTA.

It is a shame you have decided that I would be a shit admin for your server. But I suppose it is your server so choose whoever you like.

Messages In This Thread
Admin application, PulkownikAndrzejKmicic - by PulkownikAndrzejKmicic - 08-26-2021, 01:38 AM