PulkownikAndrzejKmicic[Closed] Admin application, PulkownikAndrzejKmicic
Hi. It has been ages since the last reply so it probably doesn't matter anyway, but I thought I would clear this up because I think I have just understood what the problem was.

When I said "feed my ego" I simply used the wrong term. In my native language, the word "ego" is used so rarely that personally I did not actually know its meaning. I figured it means the same as "pride", but I have recently found out that it's more like pride + vanity (which is bad).
What I was actually meaning to say was that I took pride in doing my job well, not that it gave me some kind of sense of my own importance or whatever.

So this

(08-26-2021, 09:36 AM)Bethrezen Wrote: So you haven't really been misunderstood. You do want to be a "good admin" to get respect. We have a general bad experience with admins who want to feed their ego.

I totally get it, and sorry that I didn't make myself clear on that one. No, I did not mean that I want to get respect for being an admin. And I also know exactly what you mean by bad experiences with admins like that. The decisions made by such admins lead people to abandoning communities and that causes servers to eventually die. All that is left after that are just memories of what once used to be a fun server to hang around on.

(08-26-2021, 12:12 PM)Loifas Wrote: Bethrezen has summed up the main points very well, so I will just put in my own words here.

Firstly I apologise if you took any offence. Past admin experiences with Ego's have had long lasting negative effects on Minisiege, something we cannot risk again.
NW still suffers from toxic players with large Ego's, hence extreme reluctance when "respected" and "Ego" etc. are thrown into sentences.

Once again, I know exactly what you mean and sorry that I used the wrong words. In your place I too would be wary of anyone wanting to join the admin team to have their ego massaged.
I guess I didn't take offence but was rather expecting you to clear up any misunderstandings before jumping to conclusions. You didn't do that but instead declared that I am a rule-breaker straight away. That took me aback, although now I can see exactly where you're coming from.

And on the note of not following the template:
When I made my application, I used the previous applications as kind of a "guide" of what you want to see in it. Pretty much all of them have the question at the end "Why do you want to become admin?:"
When I started a new thread, that section was gone. But since you had never mentioned anything about that in any previous applications, I assumed that it is an error and the question was supposed to be there. That's why I added it.
I mean if you try to start a ban request against someone you get a template that's clearly wrong as well because there is a clause asking you for "Date and hour of your ban/mute".
Since everyone was adding that question in their applications, I thought it would be a bad thing not to do the same. I never would have dreamed that actually I should not be doing that at all :O

At any rate, I hope this explained things to you - even if it took me centuries to realise what the issue was.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Admin application, PulkownikAndrzejKmicic - by PulkownikAndrzejKmicic - 02-03-2022, 04:44 PM