Poll: What is your opinion on each map?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I like Map #1
0%
0 0%
I dislike Map #1
0%
0 0%
I like Map #2
0%
0 0%
I dislike Map #2
0%
0 0%
I like Map #3
0%
0 0%
I dislike Map #3
0%
0 0%
I like them all
25.00%
1 25.00%
I dislike them all
0%
0 0%
1 or more map(s) need improvement
50.00%
2 50.00%
1 or more map(s) need to be reworked
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Off-BrandMap Submission(s) | Minisiege
Ok - I've personally checked the maps and have the following (Very long read, sorry):

For first edits, these are very good - great work! Good attention to smaller details and gameplay features, something I like to see in maps is smaller things for players to interact with and do; such as this thing you did in custom map 2: 
[Image: unknown.png?width=1668&height=905]

I'll list each map and the small things I noticed and my suggestions below, in order of when I notice them so it's probably all over the place lmao;

Custom map 5:
- I like the idea, a lot, I always wanted a map like that but like you said yourself I tried too and failed haha. However, would need to also ask Duesdas explicit permission considering the base is theirs too. 
- Map size is large, so would be exclusive to out of rotation
- The map seems rather "linear" to me, where you have to run in straight lines with cannons facing you every route. That would make it very hard for attackers and make for a long run, something a lot of players don't like.

Custom map 2:
- I love the small details you added such as the little map of the map in the map (map-ception). I'd recommend using a different prop for the table tho, so the "view campaign map" button isn't there. I'd recommend mm_tablebig2, for example.
- I like the different approaches you can go to reach the flag, so the gameplay isn't repetitive and there's many ways to play the map. The tunnels are a nice touch, but need some work on the entrance from attacker side, as the players head clips there slightly (I have OCD for minor details like this, i'm sorry Angel )
- There's some texture glitching with overlapped props on the rear wall, another minor thing but I like them to not do that in all maps where possible 
- Some props don't connect properly to each other, so they're floating slightly or there's gaps.
- Arty ammo boxes auto generate with cannons, so to check they spawn in their proper location switch your gamemode to siege then spawn in to see where they spawn, another thing I have OCD with is their ammo boxes spawning correctly, something like this I don't like personally:
[Image: unknown.png?width=1668&height=905]
- Attacker spawns on this map seem rather far to me, would lead to a long run which a lot don't like. I usually stick by the rule of attacking spawn is where their arty is situated. In this maps case, it isn't too far away but cuts some walk time over that hill etc so helps. (another thing, some bushes back there are floating, probably due to you editing terrain later after adding them)
- A suggestion for later iterations; some easter eggs hidden in that attacking little town back right or in their old spawn 
- Terrain is the ultimate thing that adds map size to your download, so try to keep editing that down to a bare minimum. Props make no where near the size of the map compared to raising or lowing a slight bit of dirt. On that note, some of the terrain needs to be checked over, so it doesn't look so "jagged", in the tunnel it's probably fine but on land it's nice to keep a natural look to the whole map.
- The stairs out of the tunnel are quite steep - you could possibly replace this with a ladder and teleportation doors instead of the steep climb into gun fire. 
- Some detail on the bit that sticks out towards attacker spawn on inner fort, where the brick fountain is, would be nice too. It's very "red" with all them bricks, some crates, barrels, weapons etc would liven that up.

Custom Map 1: 
- A nice idea for a map! It involves boats, but not the janky NW naval battles haha 
- We'd probably keep this to a smaller map, voteable, with a small player count e.g. like max 80 players.
- Minor; but the edge of the main bridge doesn't connect properly to the sand
- Mortar on attacking side may be OP as hell, if it clips the boat right - which it might not - but can't tell until play testing.
- Probably best to move defending spawns into the "captains quaters" part of the main ship, as spawning them in the direct line of the enemies might be a bad idea from a gameplay perspective
- Apart from those, I can't really find much else wrong with this map until it's play tested with real people tbh. 

Overall, great work and these maps definitly show promise and would make fine additions to new maps on our server. For first edits, these are extremely good and from a gameplay perspective have many fun aspects. 
Have a look at what I said and see what you think, then post back here with another iteration of the maps addressing those issues I brought up above and then from there Sam or I can fix any other issues we find out in our more rigorous playtests. 

Again, thanks so much for putting your time and effort into these, I hope I wasn't too critical for yo

Messages In This Thread
Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Off-Brand - 06-17-2020, 04:40 AM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Gretel - 06-17-2020, 12:26 PM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Off-Brand - 06-17-2020, 03:27 PM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Gretel - 06-17-2020, 05:33 PM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Off-Brand - 06-18-2020, 05:42 PM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Gretel - 06-19-2020, 10:00 AM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Off-Brand - 06-20-2020, 11:33 PM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Gretel - 06-21-2020, 08:38 AM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Off-Brand - 06-23-2020, 03:05 AM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Gretel - 06-23-2020, 10:38 AM
RE: Map Submission(s) | Minisiege - by Gretel - 06-23-2020, 10:41 AM