burizaThe problem of the number of cavalry
I'm a cav player and more specifically a heavy cav player.

First of all, I would say, no matter what the unit you pick (infantry or cav), you should always consider the numbers in your area. For instance, charging two units is always a bad idea if there's no friendly around you to help. Indeed, 99% of cases you will lose, except against spread jagers or rifles - but it's not even sure.

To be fair, I don't understand how you can lose against light cav as heavy cav in one vs one - which is also a bad tactical idea cause you'll have heavy losses for almost nothing. If you lose against hussars or dragoons, it means that they surprized you while you were static, or something logical which explain why they are able to destroy you.

Also, remember that Napoleon would never engaged cav against full inf, especially in a frontal charge. Use your cav in the flanks, it will prevent your cav to die because of the enemy bullets. Surely, cuirassiers have higher chances to survive at a volley, but they are slow as fuck which it means they are, somehow, more vulnerable than hussars against a line ready to fire.

Messages In This Thread
The problem of the number of cavalry - by buriza - 01-16-2022, 01:50 PM
RE: The problem of the number of cavalry - by didi - 01-18-2022, 12:43 AM