burizaThe problem of the number of cavalry
Dear buriza,

Its nice to hear you have more then 19k kills on our server! That makes you surely a regular on our server and that is very much appreciated at the bottom of our hearts.

I'll copy paste your sentences and give you my honest answer/opinion of the matter you have questions with.

*I tested cuirassiers against dragoons and hussars. In 99% of cases, cuirassiers are simply cut and crushed by numbers, which begs the question, where is the survivability and armor of cuirassiers, thanks to which they should destroy light cavalry. Consider the situation against the infantry. For example, hussars, dragoons have speed, and even if they lose a few units from shots when attacking infantry, they will still run in sufficient numbers to cause serious damage. And if out of 17 cuirassiers (in the presence of 30 infantrymen) 3 die or their horse is killed, then how miserable 14 cuirassiers can have enough power to inflict serious damage, especially since their slowness and small number do not pay off with survivability. Also, I don't understand why the developers reduced the number of slow cuirassiers, why they didn't reduce the number of hussars, because they are fast, why they didn't reduce the number of dragoons, because they can shoot at other cavalry*

Keep in mind since the latest NW patch from 2018 that there were some changes been made towards stats by the patch makers, i'll paste the ones that includes "cavalry" https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?...73.373681/
- Dragoons now have better athletics(2). All other cavalry and generals now have 1 athletics.
- Sword lengths for cavalry were standardized. Light sabers are at 101 length. Heavy cavalry or other long cavalry swords are 110.
- French cavalry musket was brought on par with the Russian cavalry musket.
- Heavy cavalry and light infantry had their number of bots lowered in commander battle, and partisans and sailors had theirs increased
- Buffed bracing slightly.
- Heavy and medium horses are slightly more maneuverable.

For more info, check out the link that i pasted above regarding the NW Patch update.

*apparently the request not to teach me how to play sounded unconvincing ... Do not consider me stupider than you*

A veteran admin with over 111k kills that knows how to play cavalry just wanted to give you his honest opinion, there is no reason to insult him for it even if you know how to play cavalry buriza. We are here to help you with answering your questions, if the answer from a veteran admin doesn't connect with your mind sentence and then insulting him for it then you need to understand that it will detoriate our understanding so please keep it humane.

*The essence does not reach you. Because of this, I am forced to repeat many times what I wrote in the main appeal*

IF none of the answers gave you an explanation that you wanted to read then there is no need to repeat your sentences. What you wrote is loud and clear, even for an old man like me.

*Why exactly are the miserable cuirassiers being reduced in number, why ??? *

Cuirassiers have heavy horses and therefore the reason why it has been reduced, the patch itself lowered it.
- Heavy cavalry and light infantry had their number of bots lowered in commander battle, and partisans and sailors had theirs increased
https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?...73.373681/

Hopefully this "essence" gave you a clear view on the matter.
If this was unclear and didn't workout for you as you have hoped i suggest you wait untill another admin/regular/player answers your question.

Sincerely,
EUC Admin Team

Messages In This Thread
The problem of the number of cavalry - by buriza - 01-16-2022, 01:50 PM
RE: The problem of the number of cavalry - by Mask - 01-20-2022, 06:02 PM