Thread Closed 
frost[Approved] Mute/Ban Request - Marth the Gryphonhearted
Offenders in-game name: Marth_the_Gryphonhearted
Your GUID / Name in-game (optional): 1stEB_frost
Date and hour of your ban/mute (UTC/GMT) - (DD/MM/YY): day one he joined
Their Crime: Toxic, use of various slurrs, racism, hypocrite

Evidence: This player has tendency to extreme hostility towards people who simply play the game and kill him. He repeatedly says things like a "I hope you die irl", "I genuinely hate you", "die f****t" etc. He is also on the record to attack people especially harshly if he knows/suspects they are from Turkey. Additionally this player actively tries to ban other players for the same actions, which is incredibly hypocritical and the reason I write this request. As seen in the link below he deems these behaviours ban worthy, thus I request a ban. Two instances of this behaviour are attached as I dont have access to chat logs, I implore you to check them. You can find similiar behaviour in Minisiege discord. This person is volatile, vindicative and manipulative. Muting him and lessoning his presence on this forum will only benefit the server and I hope that, if no action will be taken, admins will at very least be made aware of these behavioural paterns. 

https://nwpublic.eu/thread-1332-page-2.html

https://i.imgur.com/Goxth0R.png
https://imgur.com/a/rNC678n
I've been on the receiving end of Marthy boy's childish spite a number of times. The man freely admits to being toxic, and frankly I've caught colds that I've found more pleasant than him, but this request is absurd. He is a very active player who makes maps for the community etc. If we punished everyone for this there'd be no one left. Yeah, the man obviously struggles to contain his anger, but anyone who actually gets offended by any of it is verging on the pathetic. Just ignore it all. Same goes for Kaiser too. The rule is impossible to enforce without killing the playerbase.
Incapable Rifle Sergeant
Those arguments, “If we punished everyone for this there'd be no one left.” and “ Just ignore it all.” are really stupid though and they work the other way too. Not punishing those who cause harm to others are just going to drive the other party away from the server and then there are only those bad behaving people and handful of those who are willing to “just ignore it”. So killing the server either way.

Telling someone to just suck it up when they are being harassed is in really poor form too. Not taking action against it even when you are subjected to it, is only taking more away from everyone who are affected by it and only enforcing the sentiment that this is okay to the offender because no one is doing anything about it.

Biggest issue with all of this chat abuse is the fact that the server management is unable or unwilling to remove O-chat feature from the server, basically force feeding us this abuse in the chat and then taking six months to do anything about a potential report.

In essence, server management is already doing “If we punished everyone for this there'd be no one left.” and “ Just ignore it all.” for us, and I don’t think it needs to be stated on every report thread.
+1

As anyone who values integrity, I stand in support of this request. Marth's toxicity has persisted for far too long, and it's time for action to be taken.

I would like to draw attention to my manifesto from the previous thread, specifically addressing my mute request: https://nwpublic.eu/thread-1332-page-2.html. In it, I provide detailed evidence of Marth's habitual lying and how he manipulates ban requests to target individuals who simply annoy him. This behavior is detrimental to our community.

While I personally don't take offense easily and appreciate lively banter in the server chat, Marth's actions extend beyond acceptable boundaries. He abuses the forum by falsely accusing others and attempts to have them banned for behavior he himself engages in, as evidenced by the screenshots and manifesto provided. His conduct undermines the experience of other players and must be addressed.

Ironically, Marth's own actions support this very request and he is automatically a +1 to his own ban request. Because by his own standards, he should face permanent consequences for his behavior.

The argument that he contributes to the community by making maps is irrelevant in the context of his misconduct. Justice is blind, and no one should be exempt from accountability based on their status as a regular player. To even dare suggest otherwise contradicts the principles of equality and fairness.

It's imperative that action be taken to address Marth's behavior and ensure a positive and respectful environment for all members of the community.

Yours Truly
TheThirdCousinToTheKaiser
Two points:

1. If people are getting banned for this behaviour, it will kill the server:
    So does getting flamed for playing the game. Timmy123 kills Marth twice, prevents him to shoot the cannon into choke and Marth starts going on how Timmy123 is a subhuman or w/e because he has Turkish flag, or that he should simply kill himself. Timmy123 doesn't find the server very welcoming especially since it comes from player who plays all the time. I'm not saying noone else behaves like that btw. But Marth actively tries go get people banned based on these behaviours, his is vindicative and tries to manipulate admin decisions quite obviously and heavily, while acting like this himself, this needs to be stopped. This damages the community.

2. He is an active community member who brought maps:
    That mentality creates work enviroments which are incredibly toxic and destined to fail. There is no difference in hobbies and gaming. Just because someone is "good" or puts themselves forth doesn't give them the right to breach rules / social standards. That is a recipe to kill the server. And this is more subjective take, althought I do appretiate someone making new maps, there is a difference between good and bad maps.
There's something in what you say Billy, but are you seriously telling me that Marthy boy's pathetic, virgin-tier insults actually have the potential to drive people off the server? Hardly. I personally just feel sorry for him. Imagine being a grown adult and still getting as angry as he does over games. If anything, the man deserves pity. No-one should let his trash talk get to them, and I honestly don't see why it can't be ignored. Don't get me wrong, I don't particularly enjoy being asked to kill myself, but if the only way of making it stop is to ban the most active player on a rapidly dying server, I just think it's a step too far.
Incapable Rifle Sergeant
During my time playing for many months iv'e seen many occasions where marth starts being racist and insulting to people that kill him and goes on and on. the same person does a ban request on me for 1 little teamkill and im suppose to apologize for it.
See you go off assumption that someone will hardly get driven off by online insults when historically we know gaming companies etc who do have data suggest chat toxicity hurts their player base number and punish people for repeatidely insulting other players. So althought we dont have data for minisiege it is fair to say that excessive and meanspirited insults have negative impact on the player numbers rather than the opposite. Would you agree? Or is minisiege exception to this industry trend? Could be, but more likely it is not.

Second although I think I know what you mean your argument is kinda suspicious as "if someone is active they shouldnt be banned" is a very broken logic and it is a prime result for real life corruption cases. How many times now a famous person was outed as serial r*pist and everyone knew, but they were popular / powerful so they were left alone. The rules apply for everyone the same, this is the reality we must uphold for betterment of the community and the World as a whole.
Again, there's something in what you say, Frosty. And I'm not condoning any of it. I personally find such behaviour revolting, but I genuinely believe that, on the whole, we'd lose more players by enforcing this Draconian rule than we otherwise would via people being driven off on their own accord. I've said my piece anyway.
Incapable Rifle Sergeant
Fair I agree with the spirit of what you said, banning everyone who insulted someone would defo nuke the server and to extend I would be even OK with what Marth says althought I would highly question the psyche of the invidually that does it so often.
 The core issue, however, is beyond his behaviour being defacto against the rules, it is the fact that he as a person is vile. He is a manipulator and has narcissistic tendencies. Hypocrite who tries to remove people who he dislikes. He did have hand in removing Sarissa, now he is trying Kaiser, I will assume there were others and there will be others he will try to get removed on his behalf on some rule technicalities. So you can clearly see that with him around, we will lose players faster not only by his in game language, but also his active vindicative behaviour on these forums. Thus removing Marth can only result in the server seeing healthier numbers.