The Craft[Rejected] Unmute request - TheThirdCousinToTheKaiser
Your in-game name (your name at the time of the ban/mute): TheThirdCousinToTheKaiser
Your GUID (optional):
Date and hour of your ban/mute (UTC/GMT) - (DD/MM/YY): 18-03-2024
Reason for your ban: "Baiting and trolling"

MANFIESTO PART 2 - ADDRESSED AT MR. BETHREZEN

CHAPTER 1 - INTRODUCTION - A LETTER TO MR. B. FROM BOSTON

Well, well, well, here we are three months later at roads end, and it seems this situation has ended in the mutual mute of both Marth and myself.

I will right off the bat make this very clear that the following Manifesto is specifically addressed to Bethrezen since I think his conclusion to this case is highly unprofessional and, for lack of a better word, "lazy". I truly don't mean this to be insulting so I apologize in advance if it comes off that way.

The reason I use the word "lazy" is that all of the quotes and citations provided by Bethrezen are completely taken out of context, and he COMPLETELY didn't address ANY of the specific claims made in the original post. I assume that this is because I objectively proved these to be lies with screenshots, so therefore he decided to ignore them. But then what does he do instead? He brings up random logs that have nothing to do with the original report and then COMPLETELY cuts out the logs from the players I was arguing with, leaving in only my comments, making it seem like I am just randomly insulting people. I DARE you, Mr. Bethrezen, put in the entire context, and all of those logs will seem a lot less unhinged.

CHAPTER 2 - THE CONTEXT

Quote:"the player has made part of his everyday goal to bait, troll and insult other players."

First of all, you make the overall claim that the reason for my muting is "I have made it a daily goal to bait and insult other players", and then you, as stated above, provide a bunch of LOGS where the entire context is omitted. Now, since some of these logs are months old, I honestly don't remember the full context, but obviously, it paints a very dishonest picture to just put in my logs and completely leave out the opposing party that was EQUALLY insulting me back. So until you actually provide the full context, these are utterly irrelevant to the original assertion that I "Bait and randomly insult people".

I can more relevantly address the "Logs from recent days" since these are only a couple of days ago.

Let's start with the 15.03. As you can see, most of the comments in that thread are addressed to a player named "Biguel". Biguel is a player that I have been arguing back and forth with as he routinely starts fighting with me, calling me "Faggot" and "Wanting his sloppy seconds" alike. Once again, if you actually provide all of the logs, this would be obvious. There are also comments related to him later down in the thread. If you actually read the entire log, you will see that Biguel equally started my engagement with him and makes equally insulting remarks back to me, all of this is in good spirit. Cause I will ask you this: Has Biguel reported me? Has Biguel claimed I "Baited and Harassed him"? No? So why is this even brought up?

Another point is that as we all are aware, racism unfortunately runs rampant on this server as the MB Community seems to attract a very certain type of individual. So... Again... If you provided all of the logs, you would see that most of my insults such as "Degenerate" and "Low IQ" are directed at these people spamming the chat with racist rhetoric. Once again, sure, I will of course accept the correction if it is the policy of the server that it's not allowed to insult the racists back, but again to suggest that I "Troll and bait random innocent people" is just a lie, and you can even clue out this from some of the lines I say in the logs you provide, such as this: "Imagine being so dumb you think that 'Diversity' means 'Every country need to be the same'" and "You are a low IQ Racist". The context here was that a bunch of racists was as usually hating on Muslims and saying stuff like "They should be kicked out of Europe and they are destroying Western society, Diversity is killing the west etc.". I then fought back against these ideas, and sure, I insulted these people. But again to say that I "Baited and trolled and harassed innocent people" is just COMPLETELY false.

Furthermore, a quote that routinely comes up is me saying "Dave is a dirtbag". Dave and I are completely friendly with each other and greet each other when we log into the server. Once again, by leaving out the full logs, you are forgetting to address that Dave's in-game name is LITERALLY "Dirtbag_Dave" and the joke is I will routinely say "Well, he is a dirtbag after all" and stuff like this. I am not aware if Dave is part of the discord or the forum, but if you ask him he will immediately confirm that we are completely friendly with each other. 

This is why I decided to use the word "lazy" earlier, and again, my goal here is not to insult you Bethrezen but it is once again to show that you seem to just have randomly done a "CTRL+F" with my name in the logs and just copied and pasted everything I've said while COMPLETELY overlooking the fact that all the people I engaged with in the above contexts were either equally insulting me back or being completely okay with my behavior on friendly terms.

The same with the Player "Pipo" that also shows up in the logs you provided. Once again, I will ask: "Has Pipo reported me and claimed I harass him?" Nope, you just irrelevantly bring in his logs. Once again, I do banter back and forth with Pipo; we are friendly with each other, and even greet each other when we log on. He even makes jokes and talks with me routinely. Once again, the idea that I "Bait and troll him, and he is completely innocent" is just... A lie... there is no other word to describe it. This is the same with the "Autistic"-comment you can see in the logs you provided, if you actually read the logs, we were all calling each other "Autistic" and having a fun time... Once again... None of these people have reported me, so why are you even bringing this in Bethrezeen? At this point any "Friendly banter" I have with ANYONE will just be misrepresented as me "Harassing and trolling" since you don't provide the full logs.

I could probably go on and on, naming all of these people. Another player is Sista_Shekks that was brought up in the original report. Once again, I dare you. Ask Shekks yourself. Me and him/her will routinely make "Dumb Danes" and "Dumb Americans and Swedes" jokes, back and forth, but as Shekks will most certainly confirm themselves, all of these are made in good fun. Once again, I will point out the absurdity that you are basing your verdict on conversations with people THAT HAVEN'T REPORTED ME, and the conversations themselves being completely taken out of context.

Moving on to the 17.03 logs you posted, most of these logs provided are addressed to a player named "Hohenstein" that I was arguing with on that specific day, once again you are omitting ALL of the insults he made equally back at me somehow painting this weird picture that I randomly attacked Hohenstein. I EVEN HAVE A SCREENSHOT to prove this: https://imgur.com/a/oXgZZb2 I can even give you the timestamp for when this screenshot was taken so you can go to the logs. It is: 17-03 15:45

I HAD COMPLETELY IGNORED Hohenstein the entire day, and then he says "Marth Keep bullying ThirdCousin", Marth then says "Let's Bully him together", and Hohenstein responds "Yeah sure". SO PLEASE ADDRESS THIS Bethrezen, how can you claim that I am "Baiting" when Hohenstein is literally the one starting it up without me talking to him at all. I respect your title as an admin so I obviously assume you aren't lying on purpose, you have just been as I said earlier "lazy" and not actually looked into the entire context of all the logs you have provided. And I really urge you to be a bit more serious in your investigative work, especially when you decide to hand out such serious punishments as "Permanent mutes".

I will just, to further highlight this, state the following: that NONE of the people you bring up in this log have actually reported me? Pipo, Biguel, Dirtbag_Dave, and even all of the people mentioned in the original post, etc. you are just randomly dragging them in here, once again without the full context. I even proved that Marth and that other guy lied in the original post, which you oddly have completely skipped over and not addressed AT ALL. Even a person like Billy was proven by screenshots to be dishonest and lying about not baiting me into arguing with them. BUT EVEN THEN, as Billy themselves has admitted I have been leaving him alone since this report was filed, so you don't even have that leg to stand on.

So in conclusion to all of this, I have to say that your verdict is in my opinion unjustified. I have just established here that the idea that I "Bait innocent people and insult them without any reason DAILY" is a complete fabrication, and can be confirmed by the very majority of the people involved in the above logs.

But of course, I am going to be honest and admit to the things I've done. SURE, I do argue and type a lot in chat, and sure, I do use a lot of insults like "Degenerate" as seen in the logs above. If this is not acceptable (Even though I will once again reiterate that the people I argue with use equal insults back and equally bait me into debates), I am, of course, willing to accept this correction and tone down my use of insults like this. And even if this requires punishment, I would also be willing to accept a mute for a week or a month or something like that. But the idea to permanently mute me based on me arguing with people that don't actually have a problem with me nor have actually reported me THEMSELVES is utterly ridiculous. I will of course also direct your attention to the fact that several people in my mute request came into my defense and said "While Kaiser is argumentative and can be a dick, he shouldn't be muted as lively banter is what makes the chat fun". These people are namely Supereagle, Ronnie_Pickling, Rexy100, and GeneralDragos. This also just points out another absurdity that MORE people have supported me not being muted than people who have supported it happening, and the 2 people that supported me being muted were proven to lie with Screenshots, even to such an extent that one of them has been muted himself. The only person I can concede probably has some case to make against me is Billy, but like I said, I have been leaving him alone since the report was filed and he can have an apology if he so desires.

As a final point, I will address this weird term you use: "Bait." Let us, for a moment, even steelman your argument and hypothetically say that all I did was "bait" people. Do you not see the problem here? The term "bait" merely indicates that I would be "offering" people opportunities to argue with me by saying something provocative. But is "bait" forced? Are the people completely forced and have no choice but to start arguing with me? Would these people hypothetically not have free will and just ignore me? I, of course, assume you begin to realize the problem with using this term as an argument. The idea that even if I was "baiting," that this somehow FORCES people to start insulting me and argue with me, and at the end of the day, I am the guilty one for "baiting." Furthermore, even if I were to grant this hypothetical "baiting," it seems not to be disallowed anywhere in the rules. As the easy solution would be in this case just to completely ignore the "baiter." If someone decides to "take the bait," it is completely their own decision, and the idea to punish the one initiating the bait is utterly ludicrous. But even as I have established above, this isn't even the case in the majority of cases.

So please address these points, Bethrezen. How can you justify your claim that I make it a "daily goal to bait and troll" when NONE of the people you mention in the copied logs has actually claimed this and reported me on the forum? And half of the logs you provide can be CONFIRMED to be in good fun spirit by the people involved, and the other ones who aren't are not "baited" as proved by a screenshot as an example. And can be further confirmed if you actually provided the full logs.

I would of course also expect a third part to come in and handle this case, as it is natural that Bethrezen of course would not admit to these faults in his own ruling, as it's a very natural human response to double down and not admit one's own faults. I think we all would do this even myself, of course, so this is not meant as an "insult" to Bethrezen.

I will of course once again ALSO reiterate that all of this is not to say that I am completely innocent. As I said: Sure, I argue a lot, sure, I use insults. And if this is not acceptable I will of course accept the correction, apologize and tone it down, and even accept a mute for a week or month or so if this is so desired. But as I've said I have never been warned about this from any admin ever, and the idea that the immediate response is a permanent mute, even given the full context I have provided above that no one, except two people that were proven to lie, has actually reported me, is in my opinion very unjustified.

Yours Truly
TheThirdCousinToTheKaiser

SIDENOTE: As a general side note, to the entire administration, that is not specifically related to my case. The practice that "Permanent" Mutes and Bans seem to be the default go-to punishment seems very excessive and extremely over proportional. As in real life, we don't just throw people in jail for the rest of their lives for committing a single crime. The idea that you PERMANENTLY ban/mute people for their first offense is, as I said, very excessive and I hope you as an admin team re-evaluate this practice. Of course, if a person has been banned/muted before and they don't alter their behavior and continue, a perm mute/ban should be more tolerable.

Messages In This Thread
Unmute request - TheThirdCousinToTheKaiser - by The Craft - 03-19-2024, 12:22 AM