RealNutcaseCommander event (Campaign)
Was wondering if someone ever tried to set up commander battle events for the community.

Something like a few battles in row with the same factions over more than one map. (I would call it campaign event or something)
Discord page could be used to inform players about it and let them choose factions (teams) upfront. Also they can pick a role (arty, cavalry or infantry).
I would use a little set-up change to give it more realism of a battle. Lets say the fight can go over 2 maps (or more if this is fun and works). Depending on who will win. (next idea is something I hope is possible in a pre-set up)

Each Campaign battle will take 3 wins to break trough to the next map and eventually victory.

Round 1 on map 1. All units are available, but arty and cav has some limits depending on how many players join the event.
Round 2 on map 1. The Faction that won round 1 has an advantage. They can use 1 cav and 1 arty extra. The faction that lost round 1 lost provisions and has 1 cav and 1 arty less to use.
Round 3 (or later round 5) will be all or nothing for the Faction that lost both battles. No arty to use for the Faction that has lost two rounds! Also cavalry is limited to one unit. (with two lost battles provisions are lost as well) Also half the ammo for the Faction that lost (provisions) two rounds. (expect a quick round with a desperate charging Faction to safe all).
Round 4 At least both Faction has lost some provisions when reaching round 4. So rules of round 2 and round 3 are applied here to both Factions, since they both lost at least 1 Battle.
Round 5 Final Battle when reaching this! Both lost almost all supplies, so half ammo to work with and no arty for both sides. Cavalry is limited as well (if possible)

After the first campaign battle the map will change to a Faction map of the loosing side. (invasion has started). Same rules for the batlle as for previous map.

Only true victory will be reached when a Faction wins on both maps used. If first battle is victorious for your faction, but if the second battle is lost the war is a tie. Both armies will need to wait untill next event since so many man and materials are lost for both battles.

Like I said this is an idea wich I had and I do not know if it is possible or wanted by the players. Discord could be used to see if commander players are into such kind of events.

Greetings RealNutcase.

[url=https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198014069773/][/url]

Messages In This Thread
Commander event (Campaign) - by RealNutcase - 09-05-2020, 09:33 AM
RE: Commander event (Campaign) - by Thundgil - 09-18-2020, 07:15 PM