Thread Closed 
Joshua Graham[Rejected] Unban
I will reply to you not as an admin, but as the owner would reply to you. I am not the owner, but can speak for him when he is unavailable, like he is currently.

I can understand there is frustrations with slays etc and being muted. However, these things happen for a reason. If they happen for no reason, then we will react accordingly, if we are told about the problem. No one can expect me, or anyone else, to sive through the logs daily, checking in on our 40+ admins on what they say and do. There is no way for me to react if we aren't told of it. 

Quote:I didn't report the slays because I had been told by some admin that: "well if you have no evidence we will believe admins first" which translates to: "report as much as you want, we will not do anything about it". That's why I didn't report it.
This is what I refer to. On the note of "we will believe admins first", someone could have very well said that to you that is an admin, however, they do not dictacte my actions or the senior administrators actions. They are done solely internally in our own channel on discord - which we discuss in great length about various issues that arise on our server. It is like a court, without the jury. The decisions made are for the best interests of the majority - not always is this for the case of the player. There will be times, like this entire scenario that has played out the past few weeks, where the player disagrees. I point you to my message posted on discord, publically:

"This is a [i]private[/i] server, owned by people who put their own money and time into running it. We are not here to babysit you and write rules for every scenario under the sun. If you think you are entitled to this kind of thing, you are more than welcome to create your own domain to do such things. We place [i]a lot[/i] of time into complaints and making the server a better place, entirely for free, so we should not be subject to have to answer your every whim because you didn't get the answer [b]you[/b] wanted to hear. 
... I do not dismiss complaints or feedback, only if they are unfounded or going to waste my time for no reason."

Contrary to popular belief, I am an adult and have a job. I do not have the time, or effort, to come home to consistent drama over something so silly, in some cases. 

I will now clean up some of your problems here.

Quote:People were complaining about him ALL THE TIME! That is something you can find in logs AS WELL!

If you are willing of course.
Cookies is no longer an admin in our team; none of these issues were ever reported to us and the one time it was, I took appropriate action. I do not wish to delve into it publically, but this is not the whole picture of why he is no longer an admin.

Quote:The first slay was for kicking my teammates. Actually, what really happened was that the guy was blocking the way and almost made me die. I kicked him to get him out of the way because I didn't know if he was doing that on purpose or went afk.
Mistakes happen, we are people, not robots. The admins are told to act upon what they see. This, however, doesn't mean they always react upon that. I can't watch them all personally so there is a degree of trust there. 

Quote:"no he was afk, you went to him, kicked him and ran the other way."
This isn't allowed if true; as kicking does no damage, so if they are AFK it is fine for you to kick them - if they are not inside the fort or somewhere you'd make them die. And before it is mentioned; no this extremely specific scenario is not listed in the rules. It is vaguely described as teamhitting there; as I can't (as addressed in your previous complaint you dismissed me over) write a huge post with every scenario for you to read. It needs to be concise and quick to read, with all the main rules and scenarios covered. These rules have worked extremely effectively, with barely any change, for over 5 years. 

Quote:Only the round had just begun and it was the inner gate (the map was custom map 21) just to let everyone out faster.

Another valid thing to do for you. These problems have been addressed in the past and some new admins still fall victim to it when our internal admin chat records it. They did so without thinking. But again, it wasn't reported, so I can't address it at the time without knowing. 

Quote:2. Why isn't there a script preventing defenders from opening gates?
I will explore avenues to fix this, if the games engine allows it.

Quote:I bet that if I did the slays would be brushed under the rug and perhaps even held against me now as "spamming the forum with false accusations". 
Nope. There is a lot of complaints on our old website, which had very positive outcomes for players. Many admins have been removed, whom I won't name, for abuse. Those complaints are still in an archive of our old forum OR they were done via a PM to me directly. 

You, however, did spam the forum, even after being told no. We have had 1000s of posts here and old forum combined, and not one scenario played out like yours. If you can't follow a template OR simple instructions, we will dismiss you. As you clearly don't care, if you are literally deleting the template provided in the post BEFORE you even type anything. I did warn you, your account should have recieved a warning, you were also warned under the posts, but you continued. If you handled this in a manner befitting of everyone else who has used these forums, it wouldn't have been an issue. You probably would have been unmuted eventually, given time.

Quote:Maybe I was right because you wouldn't do anything anyway? We'll see.

That is a matter of your opinion again. You may disagree, I may agree, another senior may agree with you, it's life. You can choose to believe as you wish; heck, you might even skip over most of what I write like you did last complaint. 

Quote:and then my complaint was brushed under the rug.

As stated previously; you were not brushed under the rug. We had a long discussion in our internal chat, we replied to you, but you brushed our responses under the rug because it wasn't exactly as you envisioned the reply. We even took action, as stated in your complaint, to the admins saying we agree with you. But nope, you brushed it under the rug. Ironic. 

Quote: I mean what stupid rule is enforced by some and isn't by others?

The admin guidelines are that, a guide, they tell an admin what to do given a group of scenarios. But, you can't always apply that to every scenario. The unfortunate thing is, i'm not writing the law here, so I wont make a 10000 page guide on everything and make every admin take the bar before they can admin. Some people are leniant by nature, some are heavy handed and just want the person gone. I don't know how old you are, or what your experiences are in life, but this is a common attribute you'll learn in the work place and, generally speaking, the real world. Some police men may give you a ticket, some may give you a warning. Who really knows?

Quote:Now I got perm banned the moment you found out about the fact that I had another account in the past. Or I think that's the reason. Well I don't know. Bethrezen is blowing hot and cold about it.
Yep, you were banned for using multiple accounts, to circumvent a punishment. I hope that is clear enough for you. 

Quote:(Which rules by the way? I don't see anything here: https://nwpublic.eu/thread-48.html)
Hmmm, I don't know if you're joking here. You attempted to circumvent a punishment by using another account. You then, as the singular person attached to both accounts, are accountable for the punishments collectively as the 1, therefore, you share the punishment if you are found out. 

In conclusion;
You as a person confuse me. You seem to say we brush things under the rug, but yet do the same yourself when replied to. You then spam the forums with topics, after being warned several times to stop, to be unmuted etc. You then write another complaint, basically saying we don't care and you don't think it'd do anything, but do so anyway - and I don't think anything I say will land on your ears as a positive answer to something you wish to hear. 

This is a private server, I and many others place money and their time here on a regular basis, even after just finishing an 11 hour shift I am here typing this answer to you. How can you say I don't take this place or my players seriously? This server has lasted 5 years due to the good management (and no im not patting myself in the back, i've only been here for the last 3 years) over the years. There are many people involved with keeping this server in it's current state, and frankly, I'm proud of them. Mistakes are made, but many things are fixed internally and not on the outside - so you may not see the impact of your complaint directly. I do not make such things public knowledge, for fear of me "punishing" the admins showing to a player that the admins are bad. I will say this, an announcement was made to the admins today on the situation, I will not specify, but it will help them in the future avoid such drama and consistent messages over something like this.

You can read what I have said here and take as you will. I will, infact, even allow you to reply to me - against the wishes of many, because I believe in chances and always give chances. Do not disappoint me in return, as I have placed a great amount of time into this response. 

Messages In This Thread
Unban - by Joshua Graham - 07-10-2020, 04:28 PM
RE: Unban - by Gretel - 07-10-2020, 05:38 PM
RE: Unban - by Joshua Graham - 07-10-2020, 06:16 PM
RE: Unban - by Gretel - 07-10-2020, 06:51 PM
RE: Unban - by Joshua Graham - 07-10-2020, 08:25 PM
RE: Unban - by Montgomery - 07-11-2020, 08:38 PM